5 Skincare Tips for Traveling
5 Skincare Tips for Travel
I've been diligent about cleaning my face since I was about 15 years old. But over the past few years, I've amped up my skin care routine to focus on moisturizing, anti aging and sun damage repair.
Traveling can take a major toll on your skin. A combination of sun, dehydration, alcohol and not being in a normal routine can wreak havoc. I travel quite frequently and this year it feels like I've been on a plane more than I've been home, so I've adjusted my skin care routine accordingly. Here are 5 tips I use to maintain healthy skin while traveling:
1. Wear a sheet mask on the airplane. I know. I look like a crazy person when I do this, and so will you. However, you WON'T look like a crazy person when the mask comes off and your skin is all glowy and magical. Plus - you probably won't ever see the other people on the plane again.
2. Don't abandon your nightly routine. ALWAYS at least wash and moisturize your face before bed - no matter how many cocktails you had the night before. You'll wake up happy that you did.
3. Try out a facial at your resort/hotel spa.
4. Drink plenty of water! It's so easy to get dehydrated and that is enemy #1 for your skin (besides sun exposure of course). Think about it: your skin is made up of cells. Cells are made of water. Drinking plenty of water will help your skin maintain its vibrance and ensure your pores appear less visible.
5. There is no healthy skin list without sunscreen! WEAR YOUR SUNSCREEN. Trust me - when I was in my teens I was too focused on getting tan and didn’t reapply sunscreen as much as I should have. Now i’m paying for it with sunspots. Remember - even if you aren’t traveling to the beach, the sun is still out - so apply and reapply! I love using a face moisturizer with 30 SPF built in because then there’s one less item I have to pack.