My Current Skincare Favorites
I started washing and moisturizing my face when I was about 15 years old. I knew it was important to keep it clean and moisturized, but I wasn’t totally sure why it was so important. I never dealt with acne or blemishes in high school (I got lucky), so for me, washing my face was something I did without putting much thought into it before bed and when I woke up just like brushing my teeth. Fast forward several years, magazine articles, blog and instagram posts later and I am beginning to grasp the importance of a consistent skincare routine. I have since added toner, masks, under eye cream, lip balms, exfoliators, you name it - I’ve tried it.
Some of my items are purchased, others have been gifted to me from different brands (I will be totally transparent about which ones) and some were given to me by my Mom or girlfriends (I’m lucky to have a Mom that loves to purchase great beauty products and one of my best friends is a beauty blogger).
Here are my current favorite products:
- Goldfaden MD Doctor’s Scrub: I have tried several exfoliating scrubs and this is my absolute favorite as of now. This is a ruby crystal power exfoliator designed for oily prone skin (which I do not have - my skin is actually pretty dry), but I have found that using this once/week makes a huge difference in the overall smoothness of my skin. It’s different than most exfoliators I’ve used because it’s more of a dry buffer than an exfoliating cleanser. It has hyaluronic acid which increases collagen production and helps skin maintain moisture, as well as antioxidant rich organic red tea and skin soothing seaweed extract.
- Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Resist 24 Eye Cream: I’ve been using this for a couple of years now and love it. I find that the area around my eyes can get a little dry, but this helps it stay moisturized all day. I also use it at night before bed.
- Neutrogena Triple Age Repair Night Moisturizer: I bought this for the first time right before I left for Greece in September of last year. I can’t tell if I just love the lotion because of its effectiveness or if I’m attached to it because the smell takes me back to Greece. Either way, I can’t quit it.
- Radha Rosehip Oil: I have a small issue with redness on my cheeks and around my nose. This Rosehip oil has antioxidants and essential fatty acids to help calm my skin. Sometimes if I’m not in a rush I’ll put it on in the morning and let it sink in before finishing my am skincare routine. It’s also great for the neck and décolletage.
- Life DNA Foaming Facewash and Toner: This company is really unique because they use your DNA to create a skincare routine specific to your body, skin, and skincare goals. I love the foaming face wash and Vitamin C toner they sent me - I use these both a lot at night before bed. I have some sun damage on my face, so the vitamin C is perfect to help lighten and reverse the appearance of these spots.
- KORRES Body Milk (Almond Cherry): I love this product for so many reasons. The company is environmentally friendly, uses plant based ingredients, doesn’t test on animals and was founded in Greece. The smell is intoxicating and it leaves my skin feeling silky. I also use their
- KORRES Yoghurt Sunscreen Face Cream: SPF 30 - it doesn’t leave your face white and glides on with ease. I used this the entire time I was in Greece and interchange it with my
- FRE Protect Me Defense Facial Moisturizer: This is a great daily moisturizer formulated for women who sweat. I’m an ambassador for the company because I love the way the product feels on my skin and the mission behind the company. For every 123FRE set that is purchased (it includes the Protect Me moisturizer, the Purify Me cleanser and the Revive Me anti aging serum) they plant one Tree of Life to help replenish the Argan Forest and support women who harvest Argan oil in Morocco. Use my code MISSLV for 15% off at checkout (here).
- Goldfaden MD Brightening Elixir: This serum helps with the appearance of aging and free radical damage by boosting moisture and calming the skin. I use it underneath my moisturizer and rose oil morning and night.
- Lush Cosmetics Sleepy Lotion: A friend turned me on to this because we were walking down the street and I thought we walked past a fresh lavender bush. Turns out it was her lotion. Now I use it every night before bed. The cocoa butter and almond oil makes my skin super moisturized, while the lavender and tonic perfume help me sleep.
*italicized products were gifted to me by the brand.
**I only share products that I genuinely use and love.